Friday, February 18, 2011

Start of Blog

Greetings,

As a lifelong Alaskan, I have always been interested by the history of my state.  From the crossing the Bering Strait during the Pleistocene through the thousands of years of history and culture of Alaska's native peoples; from the days of Russian America and Seward's Folly; from the Territory of Alaska through statehood and oil boom and bust; Alaska has a unique and interesting history.  My purpose in starting this blog is to explore facets of this history and try to create posts that are interesting to read.  If I begin to get feedback and stories, all the better.  But even if no one else reads this blog except me, I will still consider it a fun exercise.  I am neither a professional historian nor a particularly good writer, but I hope to be able to explore and write about many different topics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment